Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Randwyck

Default Merwwy Chwithmuth

Merwwy Chwithmuth

With love, from the Printheth

May the horse be with you.

Please give a thought and say a prayer for our military service men and women around the world who won't be able to make it home for Christmas.

Yeah, I know - GTFO, STFU, GFY - I know, I know, I know, I get it.

Merry Christmas anyway.

Just sayin'!

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 12-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Saratoga

!!!!OOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Saratoga

Those are for making fun of yourself....is always a good sign.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:26 PM
The Curragh

When I saw the title I thought this was some kind of Kwanzaa salutation..............Merwwy Chwithmuth to you too!!!!!!!Everyone is ssssssooooo nice around here!!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:10 AM
Saratoga

^^^^ Sent Leslie Miles an emotional Christmas Card.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:37 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
^^^^ Sent Leslie Miles an emotional Christmas Card.
I did, I did, and it went something like this: Dear Mr. Miles, Merry Christmas from a big LSU fan. Enclosed you will find 2 gifts: A one way ticket to China for a little vacation (I heard you have some big supporters over there), just mention you are a Christian missionary there to spread the gospel. After you do that, they will find you some great accommodations. The other gift is some plays I drew up on my etch-a-sketch that you can use for next years games if you can escape captiv......err..I mean... once you return from your fantastic trip to the far east. Enjoy your stay in China, have a great day, and Geaux Tigers!!!!! Sincerely, your #1 fan Dave.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Those are for making fun of yourself....is always a good sign.
Give us a sign!

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 12-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Saratoga

%===================D
Old 12-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

"Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?"

The clerk, in letting Scrooge's nephew out, had let two other people in. They were portly gentlemen, pleasant to behold, and now stood, with their hats off, in Scrooge's office. They had books and papers in their hands, and bowed to him.

'Scrooge and Marley's, I believe,' said one of the gentlemen, referring to his list. 'Have I the pleasure of addressing Mr Scrooge, or Mr Marley?'

'Mr Marley has been dead these seven years,' Scrooge replied. 'He died seven years ago, this very night.'

'We have no doubt his liberality is well represented by his surviving partner,' said the gentleman, presenting his credentials.

'It certainly was, for they had been two kindred spirits. At the ominous word liberality, Scrooge frowned, and shook his head, and handed the credentials back.

'They are. Still,' returned the gentleman,' I wish I could say they were not.'

'The Treadmill and the Poor Law are in full vigour, then?' said Scrooge.

'At this festive season of the year, Mr Scrooge,' said the gentleman, taking up a pen, 'it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir.'
'Are there no prisons?"

'Plenty of prisons,' said the gentleman, laying down the pen again.

'And the Union workhouses.' demanded Scrooge. 'Are they still in operation?'

'Both very busy, sir.'

'Oh. I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to stop them in their useful course,' said Scrooge. 'I'm very glad to hear it.'

'Under the impression that they scarcely furnish Christian cheer of mind or body to the multitude,' returned the gentleman, 'a few of us are endeavouring to raise a fund to buy the Poor some meat and drink, and means of warmth. We choose this time, because it is a time, of all others, when Want is keenly felt, and Abundance rejoices. What shall I put you down for?'

'Nothing!' Scrooge replied.

'You wish to be anonymous?'

'I wish to be left alone,' said Scrooge. 'Since you ask me what I wish, gentlemen, that is my answer. I don't make merry myself at Christmas and I can't afford to make idle people merry. I help to support the establishments I have mentioned-they cost enough; and those who are badly off must go there.'

'Many can't go there; and many would rather die.'

'If they would rather die,' said Scrooge, 'they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

---from A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Old 12-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Saratoga

Boy did this thread get nowhwere fast.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Boy did this thread get nowhwere fast.
The original post on this topic stands on its own - it doesn't need responses.

Merry Christmas, everybody. Well..... most everybody. OK... everybody. I think. Not sure.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Saratoga

It's gone too far south.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
It's gone too far south.
I'm 2 miles from the northern NC border- that's not too far south.