Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2022, 07:48 PM
Havre de Grace

Default NYRA shenanigans

Which is worse ?
Taking the 3rd race off the turf with 1 minute to post in the early pick 5 for no good reason? Or changing the rules regarding what happens when a race is taken off the turf before the sequence starts. The stoopers had some ground scores , but it’s total bulllshit by NYRA. Bettors get screwed . If you had the 7 it didn’t matter because it was an all. Meanwhile, instead of delaying the first race so that people could change their tickets, they ran it on time. When fox came on , no one mentioned it for the first few minutes of the show. Everyone is so busy kissing ass and patting each other on the back they make terrible decisions. All about the money .
Old 07-21-2022, 09:04 PM
Keeneland

What took you so long Dan? Were you sleeping all day?
Old 07-22-2022, 06:26 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Which is worse ?
Taking the 3rd race off the turf with 1 minute to post in the early pick 5 for no good reason? Or changing the rules regarding what happens when a race is taken off the turf before the sequence starts. The stoopers had some ground scores , but it’s total bulllshit by NYRA. Bettors get screwed . If you had the 7 it didn’t matter because it was an all. Meanwhile, instead of delaying the first race so that people could change their tickets, they ran it on time. When fox came on , no one mentioned it for the first few minutes of the show. Everyone is so busy kissing ass and patting each other on the back they make terrible decisions. All about the money .
They did the right thing in the end for the turf and the player. the sport is played outside with 1200-pound horses on a day it was hot as heck. This is what worries you?
Old 07-22-2022, 06:45 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
They did the right thing in the end for the turf and the player. the sport is played outside with 1200-pound horses on a day it was hot as heck. This is what worries you?
Freddy he didn't even know it happened until hours later and read about it on twitter.

What happened was a joke and very poorly handled but you have to understand Dan is mad about not getting Phish tickets so this is all about Andy paying him attention.
Old 07-22-2022, 08:09 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Freddy he didn't even know it happened until hours later and read about it on twitter.

What happened was a joke and very poorly handled but you have to understand Dan is mad about not getting Phish tickets so this is all about Andy paying him attention.
Bit of a pig Fcuk I didn't love yesterday's card, so I was only half paying attention, although I watched every race, only bet a few

Speaking of Andy, he did a good interview for TDN it is worth listening to.

Juggling the heat/weather, the bettors, the TV schedule, the turf condition in real time can be hectic.

Saturday's 6th race is a very special mdn spl. I will be at Haskell, but I will be watching that one for sure. Rooting for Nevin, I loved By the Moon
Old 07-22-2022, 09:46 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:

Has nothing to do with Andy.
This is NYRA, you idiot. I was one who changed my tickets at the last second. Went from singling the 3 in the 3rd to using 1-7. Why should I be penalized ? How can they not say it’s an all till 25 minutes after the race ? Who made the decisions? Is there no accountability? The rule states it’s an all , only if the race is taken off after the sequence has begun.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:17 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Has nothing to do with Andy.
This is NYRA, you idiot. I was one who changed my tickets at the last second. Went from singling the 3 in the 3rd to using 1-7. Why should I be penalized ? How can they not say it’s an all till 25 minutes after the race ? Who made the decisions? Is there no accountability? The rule states it’s an all , only if the race is taken off after the sequence has begun.
Of course it has to do with Andy. On this board and on twitter all you do is complain about NYRA and take shots at Andy.

You didn't bet the pick 5. Stop lying. You read about it on twitter and 7 hours later came here to post about it because you want and need Andy's attention. It's hilarious.

For what it's worth I haven't seen one person defend what happened yesterday. It was a disaster on all fronts. There is no defending it.

My question to you is what would you like to happen now? I see some talk from a gentleman known for only having one suit about a lawsuit. Maybe you should organize that. Let us know how it goes.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:25 AM
Havre de Grace

A public apology would be a good start.

Who made the decision to change the rule ?
Who has the authority to make this call ?
Old 07-22-2022, 06:52 AM
Belmont Park

https://twitter.com/i/status/1550184549719887872

I saw this on the Paulick report. This is awesome!
Old 07-22-2022, 08:06 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1550184549719887872

I saw this on the Paulick report. This is awesome!
form a firing squad....criminal
Old 07-22-2022, 08:10 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
form a firing squad....criminal
It doesn't get better than that!
Old 07-22-2022, 08:15 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
No they didn't Freddie not the way they implemented it. I agree with Hoss that an ALL race works however they needed to do that in the context of the rules not after the race. Those on the 7 got screwed royally and ALL OF US now can't even trust them to honor their own rules. It reeks of preferential treatment who screamed loud enough to get them to change a rule? I guess I'm old enough to remember when RULES ARE RULES was a thing. When it went against me of course I'd bitch and moan about a **** rule but NEVER when I benefited from a **** rule was it reversed. If NYRA REALLY wants to as you say "Do the Right thing by the players" then they need to recalculate that Pick 5 making that NOT AN ALL race and Pay the difference to those that can produce a winning Pick 5 ticket that had the 7.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:26 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
If NYRA REALLY wants to as you say "Do the Right thing by the players" then they need to recalculate that Pick 5 making that NOT AN ALL race and Pay the difference to those that can produce a winning Pick 5 ticket that had the 7.
Realistically you know this isn't going to happen.

I'm not sure what they can do short of what they did. Either way, because the decision was made so late, people were going to feel like they got screwed. The people who didn't have time to change their tickets were stuck with turf horses in a dirt race. The people who were quick enough (not Vagina Dan) to change their tickets and included the 7 feel like they got screwed. And the truth is both parties are right.

I have no idea why they took the 3rd off. It wasn't a baby race, nor a sprint so it makes no sense to me. Going forward I hope they wait to make the decision. The problem started when they made he decision with a few minutes to post and it snowballed from there.

Hopefully they handle situations like this better in the future but I won't count on it.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:40 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Realistically you know this isn't going to happen.

I'm not sure what they can do short of what they did. Either way, because the decision was made so late, people were going to feel like they got screwed. The people who didn't have time to change their tickets were stuck with turf horses in a dirt race. The people who were quick enough (not Vagina Dan) to change their tickets and included the 7 feel like they got screwed. And the truth is both parties are right.

I have no idea why they took the 3rd off. It wasn't a baby race, nor a sprint so it makes no sense to me. Going forward I hope they wait to make the decision. The problem started when they made he decision with a few minutes to post and it snowballed from there.

Hopefully they handle situations like this better in the future but I won't count on it.
Of Course I know it isn't going to happen just torquing Freddie who said they "did the right thing by the players". I would have complained like I always do when they take it off the Turf after the start that they should have done it earlier. My main problem is I need consistent rules that are followed, and this is egregious and to me reeks of preferential treatment to someone who complained loudly. I want to play a game where the rules are enforced as written cause that is what I signed up for. Listen if they DON'T learn from this then there really is no hope whatsoever and the gaming commission should investigate why the violation of their own written rules. I'm willing to forgive a mistake in the heat of battle. Same sh*t like NTRA saying NO deferrals last year but granted them to those who complained to them. I just want everyone on a level playing field.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:45 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Of Course I know it isn't going to happen just torquing Freddie who said they "did the right thing by the players". I would have complained like I always do when they take it off the Turf after the start that they should have done it earlier. My main problem is I need consistent rules that are followed, and this is egregious and to me reeks of preferential treatment to someone who complained loudly. I want to play a game where the rules are enforced as written cause that is what I signed up for. Listen if they DON'T learn from this then there really is no hope whatsoever and the gaming commission should investigate why the violation of their own written rules. I'm willing to forgive a mistake in the heat of battle. Same sh*t like NTRA saying NO deferrals last year but granted them to those who complained to them. I just want everyone on a level playing field.
We agree. I'm not sure why the decision was made. IMO everything the stewards are involved in ends up phucked up.