Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Sam Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
Joel, didn't you get chills yesterday? I honestly was very nervous before the race due to the condition of the track ; many good horses have failed to lift a hoof in the slop. I couldn't believe how easily he was winning - he was in a common gallop as soon as they turned for home. I guess his Beyer and speed fig # won't be good, but I'm sure even those guys that make the figs will understand that this is one time the #s don't tell the full story.

I have no desire to make predictions for his future because I just want to enjoy Bernardini now. I don't claim he's going to win the remainder of his races this year, or that he's going to be HOY or anything like that - that's a lot of "what ifs". Right now, I'm just thrilled.

I do believe that the Sheikhs will run him next year....there's some speculation that he would run under the Godolphin colors and possibly race in Europe. Boy, I hope not; it won't happen, but I'd prefer that he stay with Tom.
Darley is very focused on their US stallion operation. This horse is about as commercial as you can get. The chances he runs next year are very slim.