Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-15-2022, 08:17 PM
Suffolk Downs

Default How to find out race conditions and betting options

How can I find out which finish line is being used in various races? Also how can I find out all the betting options, like which races are included in multi-race picks? Is there a pick 3 for races 9, 10 and 11 at Keeneland tomorrow?
Old 04-16-2022, 11:44 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
How can I find out which finish line is being used in various races? Also how can I find out all the betting options, like which races are included in multi-race picks? Is there a pick 3 for races 9, 10 and 11 at Keeneland tomorrow?
Individual race track's websites should have all of that information. For example, with a little digging I found this on Keeneland's website

https://www.keeneland.com/racing/post-time-schedule

For betting options, you can do to DRF and look at the entries for that specific day. It'll show you what wager is offered for each race. Most of the top tracks offer rolling doubles and pick 3's, meaning from race 1-end of card you can bet doubles and pick 3's, as long as there are enough races after said race.
Old 04-16-2022, 01:04 PM
Suffolk Downs

Thank you. I wish I knew I could do a pick 3 with races 9-11 at Keeneland today before first post, good to know in the future.

I'm still not seeing info on which starting line is used in each race. I lost a bet at GP because I had no idea they were using the first finish line, wasn't listed in the race conditions.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:12 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Thank you. I wish I knew I could do a pick 3 with races 9-11 at Keeneland today before first post, good to know in the future.

I'm still not seeing info on which starting line is used in each race. I lost a bet at GP because I had no idea they were using the first finish line, wasn't listed in the race conditions.
How does the finish line factor into your decision giving that you know the length of the race?
Old 04-16-2022, 04:31 PM
Suffolk Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
How does the finish line factor into your decision giving that you know the length of the race?
Short stretches tend to favor horses on or near the lead and be disadvantageous to closers.