Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Santa Anita

KY,

Your horse is beautiful! You sure you can't take him with you? I would be heart broken!

P.S. Ignore Secretariat!
Old 06-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
KY,

Your horse is beautiful! You sure you can't take him with you? I would be heart broken!

P.S. Ignore Secretariat!
Believe me, I am devastated. That is the best horse I have ever ridden, and I got very lucky to even be able to buy him. The only reason my family was able to afford him at the time was because the lady who owned him didn't know what she had. If fact, she offered us three times what we paid for him to get him back from us the next year when he was a two year old. His power and presence takes me in awe every time I see him. I'll never own another one like him, and I love the horse to no end. I want to take him with me, and if I find a way, I will.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyrosesinmay
Believe me, I am devastated. That is the best horse I have ever ridden, and I got very lucky to even be able to buy him. The only reason my family was able to afford him at the time was because the lady who owned him didn't know what she had. If fact, she offered us three times what we paid for him to get him back from us the next year when he was a two year old. His power and presence takes me in awe every time I see him. I'll never own another one like him, and I love the horse to no end. I want to take him with me, and if I find a way, I will.

OH I really hope you can take him with you. If not, find a friend that will take care of him while you work out that you can take him. He is too beautiful to let go.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
OH I really hope you can take him with you. If not, find a friend that will take care of him while you work out that you can take him. He is too beautiful to let go.
Thank you, Buffy. The greatest compliments that anyone can give to me are about my horses because I have worked so hard in developing them and my knowledge of them.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
Very nice Joel. You did it in one take right? I was waiting for you to put the winner on top. LOL You saw the race pretty much they way I did. I never gave the winner a second look.

I also enjoyed your Darley thoughts on another thread.

Bigs

I couldn't find Lemon's Forever either....I loved Ermine and actually used Lemons Forever in a few EXs and TRIs but not on top

..she trained well and looked spectacular physically all week at CD, but I just couldn't see her winning with her form..

Oh well, Ermine paid well to place and show.

As for the takes, I got a lot better as the season went on...it would take me a few tries around Jan - Feb, but towards the end I had it down better...the Oaks analysis was a little more difficult and distracting just by the fact that it was in the paddock between races on Derby week and there were hundreds of people lined up along the perimeter of the paddock creating a lot of noise....couldn't have been more fun though!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
I couldn't find Lemon's Forever either....I loved Ermine and actually used Lemons Forever in a few EXs and TRIs but not on top

..she trained well and looked spectacular physically all week at CD, but I just couldn't see her winning with her form..

Oh well, Ermine paid well to place and show.

As for the takes, I got a lot better as the season went on...it would take me a few tries around Jan - Feb, but towards the end I had it down better...the Oaks analysis was a little more difficult and distracting just by the fact that it was in the paddock between races on Derby week and there were hundreds of people lined up along the perimeter of the paddock creating a lot of noise....couldn't have been more fun though!
Ermine was my choice to win as well. I liked Lemons Forever to show... never thought she would win it. LOL
Old 06-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Ermine was my choice to win as well. I liked Lemons Forever to show... never thought she would win it. LOL
Ermine was my choice too. She is a nice, consistent filly. I didn't even think about using Lemons Forever either. I didn't even use her in the exotics!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Ermine was my choice too. She is a nice, consistent filly. I didn't even think about using Lemons Forever either. I didn't even use her in the exotics!
I did, along with Wonder Lady Anne and Wait a While.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I did, along with Wonder Lady Anne and Wait a While.
Now I did use those two, and Bushfire.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Churchill Downs

I like this message board SOOOOO much better than the other one. It is nice to be able to put user names with faces now!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Churchill Downs

See Buffy, I look a little younger in a helmet too. This is me with my other horse SIS. She is a looker too, and is a yearling in this picture. She is a western pleasure horse. I'm saying "Whoa" to her in this picture. She was rearing and being a little monster!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...sinmay/SIS.jpg
Old 06-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
See Buffy, I look a little younger in a helmet too. This is me with my other horse SIS. She is a looker too, and is a yearling in this picture. She is a western pleasure horse. I'm saying "Whoa" to her in this picture. She was rearing and being a little monster!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...sinmay/SIS.jpg

You do look about 12 too! I want to walk around in my riding helmet all the time!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:28 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
I don't know the individual, but I do know that $175,000 is a solid price to pay for an Orientate..
They have video clips of their workouts that you can watch of the two year olds in training up on the website. Here is the link...you may have it...

http://www.keeneland.com/livesales/workout_videos.asp

Check out hip #12, and tell me what you think. Did I do good? Well, what I mean is do you think he is going to turn into something?

Look at the way this dude looks when he actually switches to the correct lead and isn't on one lead in the front end and one lead in the hind end (cross-cantering/galloping). I'll forgive him for that since he is just a two year old.

Last edited by kentuckyrosesinmay : 06-08-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

$175k is probably about average for a 2YO in training by Orientate.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:00 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Here you go. This is a picture of me. I'm the thin blonde. The other is my little sister (I know, we look nothing alike). This was taken back when I was seventeen. I took a picture of a picture because no one was at home to take one of me, and I will post some clearer ones later.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...ay/Jessica.jpg
damn...we got another hottie in here too!!!! and she lives in NC?!?!?!?!

Imagine that
Old 06-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat
Samantha....
Hey baby wazzz up, you free for dinner latter ???

you can wear than hot deep green teal pleated mini skirt with the matching open toed pumps, throw on that black thong...
ya baby.... forget the bra.... 8 ish okay ???
Damn back to therapy I go...............
Old 06-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Del Mar

This is a very dumb thread and is always on the front page. Any way we can get it deleted?
Old 06-11-2006, 04:07 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
This is a very dumb thread and is always on the front page. Any way we can get it deleted?
It looks like the only way to get it off the top of the page is for kasept to remove its "Sticky" status.

I can understand wanting to keep an introduce-yourself thread visible, but doesn't this thread belong in one of the other sections (like "Get-togethers") instead of "The Paddock"?

--Dunbar
Old 06-11-2006, 04:32 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
They have video clips of their workouts that you can watch of the two year olds in training up on the website. Here is the link...you may have it...

http://www.keeneland.com/livesales/workout_videos.asp

Check out hip #12, and tell me what you think. Did I do good? Well, what I mean is do you think he is going to turn into something?

Look at the way this dude looks when he actually switches to the correct lead and isn't on one lead in the front end and one lead in the hind end (cross-cantering/galloping). I'll forgive him for that since he is just a two year old.
Jessica, You have a very good eye. That Orientate is a really nice colt. He was one of my favorites in the entire sale. Unfortunately, I don't think we will get to see him run. The Japanese bought him. They are taking him to Japan.
By the way, Orientate is my pick to be the best new sire. I got to look at a lot of his 2 year olds this year at the sales. I was very impressed with them.

Last edited by Rupert Pupkin : 06-11-2006 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:59 AM
top predator.

hope this works...here's some shots of me and my farm...

Last edited by paisjpq : 12-13-2006 at 04:56 PM.