Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by booner
How much difference is there? I see how the vet can stratch a horse; he is right there looking at it. How (and what reasons) would a steward stratch a horse?
There a lot of reasons, owner, trainer not licensed, foal papers not on file, wrong shoes, ownership disputes, late to paddock, late shipping, etc.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky
What the heck is going on at Keeneland? Gold Train just pulled up.
The propaganda machine will have an answer by Monday.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
There a lot of reasons, owner, trainer not licensed, foal papers not on file, wrong shoes, ownership disputes, late to paddock, late shipping, etc.
If there's been the owner/trainer issues(of the non-schizophrenic variety considering she's one of the owners) like I've heard I bet that was it.

Do we think someone at Keeneland commented to try to deflect from the disastrous mess that was today's card thus far with 3 life threatening situations?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Most of those you posted I had heard of, but the 'late to paddock' is a new one on me. Makes sense when the stewards do scratch one 10 minutes to post. Interesting.

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
If there's been the owner/trainer issues(of the non-schizophrenic variety considering she's one of the owners) like I've heard I bet that was it.

Do we think someone at Keeneland commented to try to deflect from the disastrous mess that was today's card thus far with 3 life threatening situations?
Who knows? I cant believe that they "reported" it.

Three "life threatening situations"
1 horses never made it out of the paddock so his life is no longer threatened.
1 horse has ran 237 times and has been managed so carefully that I am stunned that he got hurt and I dont know who else's life was threatened.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by booner
Most of those you posted I had heard of, but the 'late to paddock' is a new one on me. Makes sense when the stewards do scratch one 10 minutes to post. Interesting.

Thanks for the info.
Or wrong horse to the paddock...
Old 10-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Or wrong horse to the paddock...
I think I remember that happening at Ellis Park 2 years ago.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I dont know who else's life was threatened.
I'm going with story about the track worker's foot that was almost run over by the ambulance.

Although seeing an actual ambulance on the actual track at Keeneland would be a novelty to me.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 10-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
I'm going with story about the track worker's foot that was almost run over by the ambulance.

Although seeing an actual ambulance on the actual track at Keeneland would be a novelty to me.
I would love to get hit by the ambulance at Keeneland... I'm sure my credit limit would be increased...
Old 10-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
What the heck is going on at Keeneland? Gold Train just pulled up.
Gold Train had to be put down.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot

ESPN saying he'll undergo surgery next week - done racing.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis
ESPN saying he'll undergo surgery next week - done racing.
He's done enough
Old 10-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I would love to get hit by the ambulance at Keeneland... I'm sure my credit limit would be increased...
Markedly, one would hope.

I'm still seething over last meet, when the horse holding it's leg up, and it's rider, stood there forever waiting for somebody to notice and send help.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 10-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Keeneland

Very sad news about Gold Train.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Who knows? I cant believe that they "reported" it.

Three "life threatening situations"
1 horses never made it out of the paddock so his life is no longer threatened.
1 horse has ran 237 times and has been managed so carefully that I am stunned that he got hurt and I dont know who else's life was threatened.
How did I know someone was gonna jump on the language of that? Life threatening situations: horse falling over and hitting head, horses taking bad steps and fracturing sesamoids. 3 lives were threatened, whether they survived or not. I figured I wouldn't have to spell out who lived, who died and that wasn't really the point. Clearly some of us have enough time our hands to pick at semantics. If you think Teuflesberg was managed carefully I'm not sure where you're getting that from. Sanders has been criticized by several people..maybe it's in spite of, not because of her. Hardly gives her the 'management of the year' award. Since when is Gold Train not counting in the life threatening (though not any longer, gotta make sure I keep up with the semantics police) category? Makes 3 in my book.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Keeneland

Can't get over this. Hope T-berger comes out of this OK and lives to see another day. This colt is such a game animal... what a shame.

Too many tragedies today at Keeneland.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
How did I know someone was gonna jump on the language of that? Life threatening situations: horse falling over and hitting head, horses taking bad steps and fracturing sesamoids. 3 lives were threatened, whether they survived or not. I figured I wouldn't have to spell out who lived, who died and that wasn't really the point. Clearly some of us have enough time our hands to pick at semantics. If you think Teuflesberg was managed carefully I'm not sure where you're getting that from. Sanders has been criticized by several people..maybe it's in spite of, not because of her. Hardly gives her the 'management of the year' award. Since when is Gold Train not counting in the life threatening (though not any longer, gotta make sure I keep up with the semantics police) category? Makes 3 in my book.
ease up Lou Pinella....
Old 10-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Belmont Park

Run with the angels baby.. Look at the bright side at least that jerk isn't mis handling you anymore.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo
Run with the angels baby.. Look at the bright side at least that jerk isn't mis handling you anymore.
While he's not out of the woods, they didn't put him down. Let's hope his surgery goes smoothly and he gets the chance to live out his days in the field.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
He's done enough
Damn it. I was hoping to be the first to say that.