Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk
Good editorial on France's waffling; I don't think anyone who's posted so far will disagree (other than BB, because though he won't read it because it's in the NYTimes it won't stop him from criticizing what he imagined it said. )

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/21/op...=1&oref=slogin

I think the French are being a royal pain in the neck over this, but can we stop the moldy old "If not for us they'd be speaking German!" line of "cowardly French" bashing? Yes, and if not for the French, we'd be singing "God Save the Queen." So it's all relative, depending on how far back in history you're willing to go. And we didn't go in to WW2 to save the French; we went in because we were attacked ourselves and they didn't go into the colonies on our side because they believed in self-determination; they went in to f*ck over the British. Can we keep the argument focused on what they're screwing up now, and not what they screwed up 50 years ago, please? Because I appreciate reading everyone's points of view; this whole mess is so complicated I don't know what to think or believe anymore...
we saved frenchy butt in both world wars, and they were the ones who started all that mess known as vietnam....not that it has anything to do with NOW....but it's still fun to poke at them about it all.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:41 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud

Where the hell were the Israelis when the "Internaltional Coalition" was formed to mobilize into Iraq?

Hell, there were 50 more Armenians in the Iraq coalition than Israelis.
STS with all due respect that would have been insane political suicide. You have to remember Iraq actually fired Scud missles into Israel to draw them into the war to get the rest of the Arab world behind them. What did we tell the Israeli's ? Bite your tongue and dont fight back. And you know what the Israelis did... All got their gas masks on because no one knew for sure what the Scuds were carrying. And sat there and took it.

I dare anyone to present a situation in which a country purposely fires missles into the US without our even being in the conflict and see how long we bite our tongues... For God sake there is no way we would show the restraint Israel has.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:03 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Porter
Not a "difference of opinion" at all your'e just an ignorant Arab a**hole. The Israeli Govt. took unbearable heat from the IDF and it's citizens for not knocking off Iraq. They stayed out of it at the request of the US so as not to destabilize the coalition (presumably the Arab states).
Well, great to see you've taken your daily dose of hatred medication today.

Kach Kahane and Chai must be terribly proud of you.

Leave it to the Israelis to let the Armenians and others do their heavy lifting.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
But ... but ... but ... but ...

... what about the fashionable leftist canard that "Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11"?

Yup ... and Hitler had nothing to do with Pearl Harbor ... so ... should we have not gone to war against Germany?

Huh? Huh? Huh?
BB, Saddam didn't have anything to do with 9/11. Even the object of your unbridled lust, Dubya, said as much in yesterday's press conference.

Jeez louise, is this the current state of conservative thought? When the truth is considered "fashionable leftist canard?" Oh right, I'm in the "reality-based" community. I keep forgetting.

Please indicate where in my post I said we should not have gone into WWII. I await your response with bated breath.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:55 PM

In fact, BB, just for you, I just watched the video of the press conference (see what I'll do for you? I'll even spend precious minutes of my life that I'll never get back watching that gibbering idiot talk out of both sides of his mouth just so I can quote him exactly for you). Here you go:

( begins with Bush responding to an inaudible question from reporter)
Bush: "What did Iraq have to do with what?"
Reporter: "The attack on the World Trade Center."
Bush: "Nothing."
Old 08-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
In fact, BB, just for you, I just watched the video of the press conference (see what I'll do for you? I'll even spend precious minutes of my life that I'll never get back watching that gibbering idiot talk out of both sides of his mouth just so I can quote him exactly for you). Here you go:

( begins with Bush responding to an inaudible question from reporter)
Bush: "What did Iraq have to do with what?"
Reporter: "The attack on the World Trade Center."
Bush: "Nothing."
GRisk,
Your mistake is trying to talk sensibly to him. It doesn't work.

I thought Bush was fairly frank yesterday. At least he's off the "We're winning" schtick.

On the other hand, Dick Cheney noted yesterday that a vote for Ned Lamont in Connecticut "will provide encouragement for Al Qaeda."

Wha huh?
Old 08-22-2006, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
GRisk,
Your mistake is trying to talk sensibly to him. It doesn't work.

I thought Bush was fairly frank yesterday. At least he's off the "We're winning" schtick.

On the other hand, Dick Cheney noted yesterday that a vote for Ned Lamont in Connecticut "will provide encouragement for Al Qaeda."

Wha huh?
Oh, Dick, Dick. You're right; Americans going out and voting for whom they want is EXACTLY the kind of thing to encourage terrorists, so we'd just best shut up and pull the lever for whomever you tell us to, eh, Mr. VP? What kind of government does this remind me of...

It's funny-- we poke fun at the French for cowardice (and yes, despite my lecture yesterday I do find a lot of the jokes on that topic pretty funny-- check one of my earlier threads on that--) but our government has done a marvelous job in scaring us into handing over our own liberties to an adminstration determined to do away with personal freedom. Wiretapping? Okay! Torture? Sure! Holding people for months with no access to a lawyer and with no charges? Heck, we'll re-elect you for that! Took the French 25,000 Germans; took us 19 hijackers. When do our freedoms become more important to us than our fears?

Okay, 'fess up, BB-- you're really one of our liberal members, out to further the liberal cause by portraying conservatives as incoherent, aren't you? It's cute and funny, but I think it's rather unfair to conservatives, many of whom are very eloquent, well-thought people.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
BB, Saddam didn't have anything to do with 9/11. Even the object of your unbridled lust, Dubya, said as much in yesterday's press conference.

Jeez louise, is this the current state of conservative thought? When the truth is considered "fashionable leftist canard?" Oh right, I'm in the "reality-based" community. I keep forgetting.

Please indicate where in my post I said we should not have gone into WWII. I await your response with bated breath.
Sorry, hon ... but ...

... once again you missed the point. Let me try it again ... in baby-er talk ...

Hitler had nothing to do with Pearl Harbor ... yet we immediately went to war with Germany ... with the enthusiastic support of leftists.

Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 ... yet our much-more-belated war with Iraq ... has been condemned by leftists ... because? ... because Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11!

Now do you understand? The laughable hypocrisy of the leftists would shame anyone ... anyone that is ... who is capable of experiencing shame ... which leaves out nearly all leftists.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Oh, Dick, Dick. You're right; Americans going out and voting for whom they want is EXACTLY the kind of thing to encourage terrorists, so we'd just best shut up and pull the lever for whomever you tell us to, eh, Mr. VP? What kind of government does this remind me of...
Gee, kid ... you're really on a hot streak of missing points.

Cheney was pointing the finger at the ultraleftist democrats who created the loopy Mr. Lament ... not at all Connecticut voters ...

... a majority of whom will shove it back into the ultraleftists' faces this Fall ... by re-electing Joe Loserman.

Now do you get it?
Old 08-23-2006, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
Sorry, hon ... but ...

... once again you missed the point. Let me try it again ... in baby-er talk ...

Hitler had nothing to do with Pearl Harbor ... yet we immediately went to war with Germany ... with the enthusiastic support of leftists.

Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 ... yet our much-more-belated war with Iraq ... has been condemned by leftists ... because? ... because Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11!

Now do you understand? The laughable hypocrisy of the leftists would shame anyone ... anyone that is ... who is capable of experiencing shame ... which leaves out nearly all leftists.
All right, STS? DTS? 'Fess up. It's you, isn't it? This can't possibly be considered debate. Stop making fun of conservatives! It's not nice!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
All right, STS? DTS? 'Fess up. It's you, isn't it? This can't possibly be considered debate. Stop making fun of conservatives! It's not nice!
lol. no, not me. I'm a conservative myself. However, Bold B, is just an uber izzyin, Arab hatin, dixie porter a ss-lickin, george bush worshipin, small dik on-the-table-a-thumpin fool.

You cannot speak common sense to a fool. Pity the fool. Suffer the fool. Save the common sense.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Hialeah Park

GR
It's not me either.
I couldn't possibly come up with the nonsensical stuff he comes up with if I really tried. And then to state it in such a condescening manner...too far out for me.
DTS
Old 08-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Ahh ... such a girl ... such a girl ...

... can't be logical ... can't be creative ... can't be innovative ... gets the vapors ... and screams for help from big dumb oxen ...

... very cute and lovable in its own way.