Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Oriental Park

Thats a fact hoss, not me ripping on someone. Just the truth. He cant compete, hes not good enough. He hasnt done anything at all that would make any logical person think hes going to fire a monster on BCC day.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Flemington

Sun King - http://www.drf.com/row/pps/06woodward.pdf

Perfect Drift - http://www.drf.com/row/pps/06pacificclassic.pdf

Not to mention the fact that Sun King wants to win much more than Perfect Drift.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Cunningham Racing

Mother nature has a better shot than any horse IMO....
Old 10-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Honestly I have yet to hear a rational reason why Perfect Drift will somehow improve dramatically and win the Classic. Sure he can possibly hit the board, because that's what he does, but what this year, has shown anyone that he can contend for top honors in the race?

PD runs up to the competition that he faces. It is up to the jockey. When PD shows up, he rises up to the competition. This is what I believe, and if he proves me wrong on 11/4 then I will admit it, but I think he is going to prove me right.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
To quote Tom Hanks in Big, I don't get it. Again, I think the world of, PD. To run with the competition he has the last couple of years is very impressive. But I don't understand what you are saying about the jockey, or him running up to competition.
Meaning in my opinion and that is what it is, Perfect Drift does what he has to do. He likes the competition in front of him and to chase after it. He waits (ala Silver Charm always did) on other horses when he gets to the front like he did in the Foster (I think that was the race) and got nipped by Seek Gold. If Bern & Lava are in front of him in the stretch and he has a clear run, WATCH OUT!

It is going to be a jockey that is going to get him into that winners circle with a well timed ride. The jockey is not going to be able to move too early, or too late (ala his last race).

His trainer has stated that Drifty knows how far to push himself. Honestly, I think he(Drifty) has been around enough to know what is going on. He has the class to be competing against these other horses, which is why he is always up there with the other horses in all of his races. He only does what he has to do to be close. He may not win it, but he is always close no matter who he is facing.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappearingdan_akaplaya
its been a pleasure watching him run alot more than a couple of years, im still waiting to hear why sun king is more likely
Come on Playa, Sun King has lost some real nice races this year by a nostril, he is in much better form, the difference in he and Drift is Sun King is actually trying to win, Perfect Drift wants to enter the Winners Circle about as badly as I want to enter the Dentist's Office.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
That's fair. And I agree he is definitely classy enough to be around at the finish, I just don't see him winning. I also think you are probably dead right, that it will need to be an almost perfectly timed move to get him to the winners circle. Silver Charm did wait on horses, but then when they came to, Silver beat 'em, and PD really hasn't. Hey I hope it's a race for the ages, and I appreciate the fact that you have explained it.

Like I said, it is just my opinion. I have faith in him though. We shall see in a couple of weeks! I am hoping my fave two horses in racing both win on this day! I will be wearing my drifty hat.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:51 PM
eurobounce

To me the least logical horse to beat Dini is Invasor. I don't think the field is going to be larger than 10 horses. ITHe race also seems to be completely void of speed. If Lava Man is the only speed horse, then he might get lucky and be able to control the race with some slow fractions. He might just have enough to hold off the challengers. In this scenario, the 2nd logical horse to upset Dini is Premium Tap, 3rd is Sun King.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:00 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
Tad early to say the race is devoid of speed until we see the entries. But, if it is, I wouldn't be too suprised to see Bernie on the lead. I still don't think Premium Tap is going to run. I haven't heard anything about them supplementing him.
What other speed horses are there out there? Can you really name two others that would be possible for the race?
Old 10-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Tad early to say the race is devoid of speed until we see the entries. But, if it is, I wouldn't be too suprised to see Bernie on the lead. I still don't think Premium Tap is going to run. I haven't heard anything about them supplementing him.
Last I read, they said Clark than Dubai.