Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-18-2006, 12:04 AM
pgardn

Default The Mighty French Un Force

of 200, more than 50 times fewer than they promised, will be taking there time getting into Lebanon. What a friggin joke. They whine, promise 10,000 troops for disarmament of Hezbollah. NOw they will send an entire boyscout troop, and the troops will have NO MANDATE TO DISARM ANYONE.

Again. For those of you who think diplomatic solutions will be adhered to... what a friggin joke. They whine, cry and yell and then when it comes time to stand up and play the part you promised...

Oh yes. There is some good news. Malaysia has announced they will be happy to send 10,000 troops. Israel has politely declined as Malaysia DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE EXISTENCE OF ISRAEL. Can you imagine how harsh the Israelis are for turning them down. What a suprise!

The UN again and again is proving worthless. It needs to exist, but only for polite chats and expensive dinners. It is clearly a place for DISCUSSION ONLY.
God I hate liars. I cannot stand inaction. If I personally say I am going to do something by God I am going to do my best to try and do it. This crapola is totally against my nature.
This is so sad and so predictable. Round 2 awaits. If you think this latest little skirmish was bad, just wait. I dont know when, and I dont know how, but a whole bunch of Lebanese are going to be slaughtered. Can you imagine why Israel has reason not to trust the UN...
Old 08-18-2006, 05:05 AM
Danzig2

i have to admit i laughed yesterday when i read about the 'french led u.n. force'...about the only thing france knows how to lead is a retreat. ah, the irony of it all.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Bold Brooklynite

CLASSIFIED AD

For Sale ... French army rifle ... never fired ... dropped once.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
of 200, more than 50 times fewer than they promised, will be taking there time getting into Lebanon. What a friggin joke. They whine, promise 10,000 troops for disarmament of Hezbollah. NOw they will send an entire boyscout troop, and the troops will have NO MANDATE TO DISARM ANYONE.

Again. For those of you who think diplomatic solutions will be adhered to... what a friggin joke. They whine, cry and yell and then when it comes time to stand up and play the part you promised...

Oh yes. There is some good news. Malaysia has announced they will be happy to send 10,000 troops. Israel has politely declined as Malaysia DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE EXISTENCE OF ISRAEL. Can you imagine how harsh the Israelis are for turning them down. What a suprise!

The UN again and again is proving worthless. It needs to exist, but only for polite chats and expensive dinners. It is clearly a place for DISCUSSION ONLY.
God I hate liars. I cannot stand inaction. If I personally say I am going to do something by God I am going to do my best to try and do it. This crapola is totally against my nature.
This is so sad and so predictable. Round 2 awaits. If you think this latest little skirmish was bad, just wait. I dont know when, and I dont know how, but a whole bunch of Lebanese are going to be slaughtered. Can you imagine why Israel has reason not to trust the UN...
Pgardn,
I find a lot in your post to agree with.
Here's a thought, France has trade involvements with many Arab countries.
I'd even venture that they have more "credibility" in the region than many, if not all, "western" countries. The US has thrown away their "neutral" status.
If France can establish itself in that role, it's to the US's advantage.
There are strategies going on behind the scenes.
France is "dragging their heels", but that plays to Israel's advantage. It buys time. In the meanwhile, Italy is sending 3,000 peace keepers. Hmmm..do they want a slice of the pie?
Now here's a question...where is Hezbollah getting the $12K they're dishing out to the Lebanese people whose houses have been bombed in Beirut?
That makes me very curious.
Finally, regarding the UN...let them have some time to do what they know they must. If in the end, they are successful, it's not only Israel that will trust them, but also many other nations. If they fail...too horrible to consider.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:

After losing wars to the British, Austrians, Mexicans, Prussians, Germans, Egyptians, Vietnamese, and Algerians ... the frogs are on a 200-year schneid.

Maybe gelding would help ... or perhaps reverse-gelding?
Old 08-19-2006, 12:27 AM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
Pgardn,
I find a lot in your post to agree with.
Here's a thought, France has trade involvements with many Arab countries.
I'd even venture that they have more "credibility" in the region than many, if not all, "western" countries. The US has thrown away their "neutral" status.
If France can establish itself in that role, it's to the US's advantage.
There are strategies going on behind the scenes.
France is "dragging their heels", but that plays to Israel's advantage. It buys time. In the meanwhile, Italy is sending 3,000 peace keepers. Hmmm..do they want a slice of the pie?
Now here's a question...where is Hezbollah getting the $12K they're dishing out to the Lebanese people whose houses have been bombed in Beirut?
That makes me very curious.
Finally, regarding the UN...let them have some time to do what they know they must. If in the end, they are successful, it's not only Israel that will trust them, but also many other nations. If they fail...too horrible to consider.
Yes but DTS they try and present themselves as an above our understanding moral authority to the world. This was a politically laughable move. The self-righteous nature of this country makes me want to gag. They have proven themselves 10X worse than our country with this latest piece of stupidity.

Good lord they had Muslims kids burning down the outskirts of Paris and they had not a clue as to why it was happening or how to stop it.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:40 AM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

Why don't they send the French Foreign Legion?

Those are supposed to be some bad mfers.

http://www.info-france-usa.org/atoz/legion/index.asp
Old 08-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodwalker
Why don't they send the French Foreign Legion?

Those are supposed to be some bad mfers.

http://www.info-france-usa.org/atoz/legion/index.asp
That's actually a good idea...correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it a requirement to join the French Foreign Legion that one NOT be a French citizen? If so, that would explain their reputation as an actual fighting force!
Old 08-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Dee Tee Stables

that's correct, hence the name french Foreign legion.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:44 PM
pgardn

Haunted by their experiences in Bosnia in the 1990’s, when their forces were unable to stop widespread ethnic killing, European governments are insisting upon clarifying the chain of command and rules of engagement before plunging into the even greater complexities of the Middle East.

“In the past, when peacekeeping missions were not properly defined, we’ve seen major failures,’’ a spokeswoman for the French Foreign Ministry, Agnès Romatet-Espagne, said Sunday. “There are the bad memories of Bosnia. This time we want the answers beforehand, so we don’t come to the problems when they have happened.’’

Well thanks for letting us know now that Europe committed all these troops and now is backing out. Worthless... honestly. Bosnia got solved by the US basically bombing the holy crap out of the Serbs. And of course the Europeans wanted US troops in their own back yard for this particular event.

Sickening.
So you see why UN resolutions are worthless and why Israel gets 13-1 votes. Folks it is very clear that these "peace" missions require the use of force like it or not. We sent in 120,000 troops to Iraq to find WMD's. We found nothing cause they were not there. And then we say ok we are here lets get rid of Saddam.

We needed 350,000 troops to do the job in the first place. I hate war and I hate seeing people die but the hammer has to come down in order not extend the death toll of innocent lives caused by chaos when the rule of law breaks down. It is very clear that overwhelming force can actually save lives. Sad but true. Ah just leave all these dictators in place, they prevent all the ethnic hatred from coming out by making everyone hate them. What a mess.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Haunted by their experiences in Bosnia in the 1990’s, when their forces were unable to stop widespread ethnic killing, European governments are insisting upon clarifying the chain of command and rules of engagement before plunging into the even greater complexities of the Middle East.

“In the past, when peacekeeping missions were not properly defined, we’ve seen major failures,’’ a spokeswoman for the French Foreign Ministry, Agnès Romatet-Espagne, said Sunday. “There are the bad memories of Bosnia. This time we want the answers beforehand, so we don’t come to the problems when they have happened.’’

Well thanks for letting us know now that Europe committed all these troops and now is backing out. Worthless... honestly. Bosnia got solved by the US basically bombing the holy crap out of the Serbs. And of course the Europeans wanted US troops in their own back yard for this particular event.

Sickening.
So you see why UN resolutions are worthless and why Israel gets 13-1 votes. Folks it is very clear that these "peace" missions require the use of force like it or not. We sent in 120,000 troops to Iraq to find WMD's. We found nothing cause they were not there. And then we say ok we are here lets get rid of Saddam.

We needed 350,000 troops to do the job in the first place. I hate war and I hate seeing people die but the hammer has to come down in order not extend the death toll of innocent lives caused by chaos when the rule of law breaks down. It is very clear that overwhelming force can actually save lives. Sad but true. Ah just leave all these dictators in place, they prevent all the ethnic hatred from coming out by making everyone hate them. What a mess.
It's us, the British ... and some of their former colonies ... and the Israelis ... who stand between civilization and savagery. Literally.

The Euroweenies and Eurotrash are totally useless ... living on delusions of past glories that really never were.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
It's us, the British ... and some of their former colonies ... and the Israelis ... who stand between civilization and savagery. Literally.

The Euroweenies and Eurotrash are totally useless ... living on delusions of past glories that really never were.
It's amazing that the feeble-minded can only use their hatred of all things and all people not Israeli to help them understand the world.

Israelis + British + U.S. does not a world make.

Where the hell were the Israelis when the "Internaltional Coalition" was formed to mobilize into Iraq?

Hell, there were 50 more Armenians in the Iraq coalition than Israelis.

By the way, there were a total of 50 Armenians in the coalition.

You do the rest of the math, if you're not too feeble to do it.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:09 AM
ezrabrooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
It's amazing that the feeble-minded can only use their hatred of all things and all people not Israeli to help them understand the world.

Israelis + British + U.S. does not a world make.

Where the hell were the Israelis when the "Internaltional Coalition" was formed to mobilize into Iraq?

Hell, there were 50 more Armenians in the Iraq coalition than Israelis.

By the way, there were a total of 50 Armenians in the coalition.

You do the rest of the math, if you're not too feeble to do it.
If I remember correctly, the Israelis were requested to stay out of the Iraq affair..

Ez
Old 08-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrabrooks
If I remember correctly, the Israelis were requested to stay out of the Iraq affair..

Ez
lol, the conversation went like this:

Israel: we don't want to go into Iraq.

U.S: Well, will you stay away then?

Israel: Yes. Thank you.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:36 AM
ezrabrooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
lol, the conversation went like this:

Israel: we don't want to go into Iraq.

U.S: Well, will you stay away then?

Israel: Yes. Thank you.
I doubt that happened. At the time, Iraq was dropping Scuds into Israel, and they were ready to go... once again, to defend themselves.

Ez
Old 08-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrabrooks
I doubt that happened. At the time, Iraq was dropping Scuds into Israel, and they were ready to go... once again, to defend themselves.

Ez
even more reasonable justification for the Izzys to want to participate in the Caolition. "Fight them where they are," and all that stuff. You may buy it, but I don't. Just a difference of opinion, I suppose.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Good editorial on France's waffling; I don't think anyone who's posted so far will disagree (other than BB, because though he won't read it because it's in the NYTimes it won't stop him from criticizing what he imagined it said. )

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/21/op...=1&oref=slogin

I think the French are being a royal pain in the neck over this, but can we stop the moldy old "If not for us they'd be speaking German!" line of "cowardly French" bashing? Yes, and if not for the French, we'd be singing "God Save the Queen." So it's all relative, depending on how far back in history you're willing to go. And we didn't go in to WW2 to save the French; we went in because we were attacked ourselves and they didn't go into the colonies on our side because they believed in self-determination; they went in to f*ck over the British. Can we keep the argument focused on what they're screwing up now, and not what they screwed up 50 years ago, please? Because I appreciate reading everyone's points of view; this whole mess is so complicated I don't know what to think or believe anymore...
Old 08-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk
And we didn't go in to WW2 to save the French; we went in because we were attacked ourselves ...
But ... but ... but ... but ...

... what about the fashionable leftist canard that "Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11"?

Yup ... and Hitler had nothing to do with Pearl Harbor ... so ... should we have not gone to war against Germany?

Huh? Huh? Huh?
Old 08-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk
And we didn't go in to WW2 to save the French; we went in because we were attacked ourselves ...
And ... does the same logic apply to Israel going to war because it was attacked?

Huh? Huh? Huh?

Sheesh ... see the trouble you get into when you try to defend the indefensible frogs?

The New York Times and the French ...

... the reprehensible supporting the indefensible.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
And ... does the same logic apply to Israel going to war because it was attacked?

Huh? Huh? Huh?

Sheesh ... see the trouble you get into when you try to defend the indefensible frogs?

The New York Times and the French ...

... the reprehensible supporting the indefensible.
The insane defending the delusional.
Only a true idiot would try to connect Pearl Harbor=Hitler with Saddam=9/11.
The blind leading the blind.
Take your meds, Boldfraud, your hallucinations are showing, not your "logic".

Huh? Huh? Huh?