Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Del Mar

Default Has Carmello Anthony stepped up his game offensively in the Lakers series?

Im curious what everyone else thinks?

My contention is that he has. If anyone wants to see the stats i can post a link.

Cannon Shell says that he hasnt stepped it up offensively.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
Im curious what everyone else thinks?

My contention is that he has. If anyone wants to see the stats i can post a link.

Cannon Shell says that he hasnt stepped it up offensively.
No my contention is that he is playing offensively the same way he always does. he took 29 shots last night to get 34 points. That is as typical Carmello Anthony as you can get. He has been much more active on the other end but you seem to have a problem recognizing defensive matchups.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
No my contention is that he is playing offensively the same way he always does. he took 29 shots last night to get 34 points. That is as typical Carmello Anthony as you can get. He has been much more active on the other end but you seem to have a problem recognizing defensive matchups.
Shall we look at the stats Charles?
Old 05-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Shall we look at the stats Charles?
He was 12 for 29 from the field and 0 for 6 from the three point line. He had 9 rebounds and 4 assists. He was 10-14 from the foul line. This was last night. How is this much different than his usual game during the course of his NBA career other than he played 44 minutes which is about 1/2 a quarter more than he usually plays? That is the entire reason that the numbers have edged up a bit, more minutes. It is hard to believe that anyone who watches basketball would have not noticed that his defensive intensity was the major change in his game, not offense.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
He was 12 for 29 from the field and 0 for 6 from the three point line. He had 9 rebounds and 4 assists. He was 10-14 from the foul line. This was last night. How is this much different than his usual game during the course of his NBA career other than he played 44 minutes which is about 1/2 a quarter more than he usually plays? That is the entire reason that the numbers have edged up a bit, more minutes. It is hard to believe that anyone who watches basketball would have not noticed that his defensive intensity was the major change in his game, not offense.
LOL. You want to take one night and not use both games? Or the entire playoffs for that matter?

Dont try to be slick and change the argument again chuck. I dont deny that his defense has been huge and a BIG step up. My contention is that his offense has stepped up as well and you disagree...rather pointlessly.

Melo has played extremely well defensively and better than i have ever seen him play. When did i say differently?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
LOL. You want to take one night and not use both games? Or the entire playoffs for that matter?

Dont try to be slick and change the argument again chuck. I dont deny that his defense has been huge and a BIG step up. My contention is that his offense has stepped up as well and you disagree...rather pointlessly.

Melo has played extremely well defensively and better than i have ever seen him play. When did i say differently?
He is simply playing more minutes and in games that are being played in the 100's. They only played 2 games and last night he was his typical self on offense. Talking about his offense when his defense is obviously the biggest factor in the series is a bit unusual. He is an offensive force, always has been. He is doing nothing differently offensively than he ever has.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
He is simply playing more minutes and in games that are being played in the 100's. They only played 2 games and last night he was his typical self on offense. Talking about his offense when his defense is obviously the biggest factor in the series is a bit unusual. He is an offensive force, always has been. He is doing nothing differently offensively than he ever has.
He is shooting a higher percentage from 3 point line and the field. No?

He is averaging more points. N0?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
He is shooting a higher percentage from 3 point line and the field. No?

He is averaging more points. N0?
Averages in 2 games are meaningless especially when you consider he was 0 for 6 on 3 point shots yesterday. If you play more minutes you will average more points.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Averages in 2 games are meaningless especially when you consider he was 0 for 6 on 3 point shots yesterday. If you play more minutes you will average more points.
No, in the entire playoffs he is shooting better from 3 pts and field.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
No, in the entire playoffs he is shooting better from 3 pts and field.
They havent played the Lakers the entire playoffs though that would have been interesting if they went to a best of 15 game series format.

Why does every sporting event now play Neil Diamond?
Old 05-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
They havent played the Lakers the entire playoffs though that would have been interesting if they went to a best of 15 game series format.

Why does every sporting event now play Neil Diamond?
No my contention is that he is stepping it up in the playoffs. He stepped it up offsensively. What ever the reason is, and there are many, he is playing better on both sides of the floor and stats back it up.

Interesting that kobe is quote as saying carmello is stronger than lebron
Old 05-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Sha Tin

Carmello vs the Lakers offensively

game 1 - great
game 2- typical
game 3- not so great

so far = typical
Old 05-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Carmello vs the Lakers offensively

game 1 - great
game 2- typical
game 3- not so great

so far = typical
They made adjustments in game 3. As I said, I was talking about the whole playoffs and the stats back that up. Last night was one game. Again, do you want me to post the stats?
Old 05-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
They made adjustments in game 3. As I said, I was talking about the whole playoffs and the stats back that up. Last night was one game. Again, do you want me to post the stats?
Yeah they made adjustments, he got in foul trouble...
Old 05-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Yeah they made adjustments, he got in foul trouble...
Foul trouble made him shoot like that. LOL
Old 05-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Foul trouble made him shoot like that. LOL
No he missed open shots. He didnt shoot very well the night before you made this declaration. I suppose the LeBron missing every jumper tonight was Orlando's defense?
Old 05-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
No he missed open shots. He didnt shoot very well the night before you made this declaration. I suppose the LeBron missing every jumper tonight was Orlando's defense?
we arent talking about lebron, we are talking about carmello anthony and im still trying to figure out what how foul trouble has anything to do with shooting percentage.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
we arent talking about lebron, we are talking about carmello anthony and im still trying to figure out what how foul trouble has anything to do with shooting percentage.
They didnt stop him, he shoot poorly. Once he got in foul trouble he wasnt nearly as aggressive going to the hole and settled for jumpers. Perhaps you can figure out layups are higher percentage shots than jumpers?
Old 05-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Del Mar

LOL Carmelo got to the line 14 times last game...the same number of times as the game before.

try again.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
LOL Carmelo got to the line 14 times last game...the same number of times as the game before.

try again.
What does that have to do with anything? How many were in the first half before he was in foul trouble? Dont you watch the games? Try again? How many times do you have to be off the mark before you admit it? Or are you like a shooter, shoot your way through a slump. You are shooting yourself in the foot through your slump. The Doug Collins slobberfest alone was a shameful enough decision.