Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Hawthorne

Default Barbaro Update

I got this from our Barbaro e-mail update group. I guess it is true that he was down to only a 10% chance of making it. Amazing.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/horse...er-story_x.htm
Old 10-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Keeneland

Thanks for posting that article... brought tears to my eyes. I really hope he can pull through.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Gulfstream Park

theyre all amazing animals but barbaro is truly special both on and off the track, watching the preakness alnone brought tears to my eyes! we gotta horse that broke his leg early in the year during training and he stayed at the track for over a month on stall rest before he went to the farm and i could just tell by his behavior he was going to not just survive but make it back to the races. everytime on a racing day another horse in the barn was being led over to the track and went by his stall hed start going crazy and rearing even only on 3 good legs......he still wanted 2 go run and kick some a$$ well g money(the nickname i gave him cuz he is money on the the track) is training and on his way back and will be whoopin some rear end soon enough
Old 10-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Morris Park

I can only hope this could come true, but I think it would be fitting if the Jackson's if and when Barbaro is ever healthly that they bring him back to the Preakness and have him walk down the track just one more time for the fans so that we may appreacaite this wonderful animal,,,I think that would make so many people happy just to see a champion again,, like it said in the article once a Kentucky Derby winner always a Kentucky Derby winner!!!!!!