Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Flemington

Default Congrats Philly

Phils are division champs, and Mets/Brewers tied for last spot with 1 game left. If Mets win it, then Dodgers play Phils. If Brewers win it, then Dodgers play CUBS.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Phils are division champs, and Mets/Brewers tied for last spot with 1 game left. If Mets win it, then Dodgers play Phils. If Brewers win it, then Dodgers play CUBS.
Thanks Scuds. I'm pulling for the Brew Crew tomorrow, sorry. Do not want any piece of LA or Chi in the first round. Ready for a night out on the town, about to polish up the case of Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat...

"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Thanks Scuds. I'm pulling for the Brew Crew tomorrow, sorry. Do not want any piece of LA or Chi in the first round. Ready for a night out on the town, about to polish up the case of Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat...

Yeah, I ain't saying we are gunna beat you, but I would rather play you than the Cubs. I don't blame ya for wanting the Brewers. They should be tight and/or very tired.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Flemington

Is it true that the Chisox(after losing 5 straight,) hold their own destiny in their hands?
Old 09-28-2008, 07:02 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Is it true that the Chisox(after losing 5 straight,) hold their own destiny in their hands?
Unbelievably, yes..they win 3 in a row and they win the division
Old 09-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Dee Tee Stables

congrats also to the dodgers-i haven't seen another thread anywhere for them, so i'm putting this here.
i find it delightfully ironic that the yanks fire torre (who got ny to the post season how many years) and now the yanks stay home, and the dodgers move on.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
congrats also to the dodgers-i haven't seen another thread anywhere for them, so i'm putting this here.
i find it delightfully ironic that the yanks fire torre (who got ny to the post season how many years) and now the yanks stay home, and the dodgers move on.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716

lol
i mean one saying 'congrats dodgers' or something to that effect. yeah, i know there's a rumor that there are tons of dodger threads!
Old 09-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
lol
i mean one saying 'congrats dodgers' or something to that effect. yeah, i know there's a rumor that there are tons of dodger threads!
I called it "Division Winning Manager."

I'll be honest. The Dodgers partied (on Thursday Night) As if they won the World Series. They haven't won a playoff series in 20 years. They need for their pitchers to pitch a hell of a lot better than in 2006, or it will be over quickly. Maddux got past Roger Clemons last night(in win total.) Problem is the guy seems to need atleast 6 days rest to produce one of those good efforts. If they send him out there with less than that, it isn't a good situation. They need Saito to come up huge, because, believe me, that fatboy Broxton is never gunna be the last guy on the mound when a team wins the World Series. The one thing I am hopeful about this time is they clinched with enough time to get over the fact they clinched. Guys like Kemp and Martin aren't that professional. They aren't even keel. They need time to get over success. They don't re-focus quickly. They need time to get set for a new goal. They didn't have that in either 2004, or in 2006. That is called being mentally weak, and that has been a problem with this team. They aren't as professional as they need to be. Joe has probably helped them somewhat with that, but they have a long way to go in that area(especially Kemp.) Kemp is the last guy I want up there with the game on the line. Pop up or whiff.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
Unbelievably, yes..they win 3 in a row and they win the division
One down, two to go and the least impressive division winner will be sweeping the Rays
Old 09-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
One down, two to go and the least impressive division winner will be sweeping the Rays
YES...Alexi Ramirez sets a ML record for most grand slams by a rookie and one to go!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Old 09-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
Old 09-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Flemington

Good Luck Tuesday.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
YES...Alexi Ramirez sets a ML record for most grand slams by a rookie and one to go!
Old 10-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Flemington

Quote:
LOL...Both L.A. teams, and both Chicago teams. Philly,and Boston show up, but neither NY team. Weird...
Old 10-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
LOL...Both L.A. teams, and both Chicago teams. Philly,and Boston show up, but neither NY team. Weird...
isn't thou even thou i'm a closet yankee fan also i luv to see the yanks here every year, its somehow not the same in oct when the yanks are not around. that being said when they do win i don't feel bad and when they lose i don't feel bad either.