Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Suffolk Downs

Default Bob Reaves Segment

I was very thankful to be given the opportunity to listen to Bob Reaves yesterday and the concerns about ADWs and contracts.

I have to agree with the first caller that what I heard was a politician more so than an owner of 37 horses and one who is affected.

What I think is important for Bob to realize is that his total message is not getting out to all who are affected by the "blackout" tracks. I, and perhaps many others, understand the theme but as people have said in negotiations, its the "devil in the detail" that seems to be left out.

I would hope that Bob can share with us the specific details [real numbers] that he wants to achieve. I tend to agree, overall, that having all four ADW's on board would be the best of all worlds. But Bob, his organization and the betting public might be better served by starting small and grow. What I mean by this is that they should work to get one ADW on board and then proceed with a second, a third, and so on.

The bottom line is that blacked out tracks is costing everyone money. It is especially costing those, who Bob is advocating for, greatly by not getting any income what so ever right now because those tracks are offline.