Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Flemington

Default TVG's Legends program

Does anyone else watch these?

I watched the one for Ron McNally last night and it was a fantastic interview and included several racing clips. Great program to watch if it's not already part of your regular viewing.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:54 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
Does anyone else watch these?

I watched the one for Ron McNally last night and it was a fantastic interview and included several racing clips. Great program to watch if it's not already part of your regular viewing.
I have seen this one...the classic line is when he and Lyons were talking about 2 year olds and spending $16mm on a 2 year old who may or may not race.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
I have seen this one...the classic line is when he and Lyons were talking about 2 year olds and spending $16mm on a 2 year old who may or may not race.
I loved that one too!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:05 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
I loved that one too!
That was a good Legends too. Ron has had a very interesting life. I didnt know he was an orphan.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
That was a good Legends too. Ron has had a very interesting life. I didnt know he was an orphan.
Pretty amazing to make it as far as he has. I'm really impressed that he was so hands on with the transaction with Candy Ride as well. All around a great guy. (and I want to see his art collection!)

The idea for this show was just brilliant. I look up to these guys who put so much of their work into these horses and it is interesting to learn more about them and the horses they train.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:14 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
Pretty amazing to make it as far as he has. I'm really impressed that he was so hands on with the transaction with Candy Ride as well. All around a great guy. (and I want to see his art collection!)

The idea for this show was just brilliant. I look up to these guys who put so much of their work into these horses and it is interesting to learn more about them and the horses they train.
I echo your sentiments. I would love to see his art collection as well. I loved how he thought Candy Ride was a little "pricey" but the Craig's were like, GO FOR HIM. He is an amazing man and one person who is a good guy in this sport.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Del Mar

McAnally is a true class-act. He is a real asset to the sport. I wish there were more people like him in the sport. He's honest, he's conscientious and he really cares about the horses. I can't say enough good things about him.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:13 AM
Monmouth Park

Ill say this,
the interviews with the trainers(McAnally,Jack Van Berg) are very good.
Lyons does a good job.
the interviews with former jockeys are just plain bad b/c Stevens has no idea how to interview a subject.
it turns into an as* kissing contest btwn GStevens and whatever former jock he is interviewing.
and Ken Rudolph's interview of Steviewonderboy's owner was just plain stupid.
totally boring, but what else would you expect from Rudolph?

dont get me wrong, Id rather watch whatever episode of Legends is on than just about 99% of other television.
all I am saying is that TVG needs to find someone besides GStevens to interview these retired jockeys.

Repent
Old 12-08-2006, 01:48 AM
Churchill Downs

Its a nice program but it keeps showing re-runs. I don think they air any new ones anymore. I remember it starting in May but the only guests they have had are:

Angel Cordero
McCarron
Pincay
Jack Van Berg
Ron McNally
Merv Griffin

and they recylce the same ones every week. Did we forget about Pat Day? Jerry Bailey? Richard Mandella? Bill Mott? Delahousaye?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by repent
Ill say this,
the interviews with the trainers(McAnally,Jack Van Berg) are very good.
Lyons does a good job.
the interviews with former jockeys are just plain bad b/c Stevens has no idea how to interview a subject.
it turns into an as* kissing contest btwn GStevens and whatever former jock he is interviewing.
and Ken Rudolph's interview of Steviewonderboy's owner was just plain stupid.
totally boring, but what else would you expect from Rudolph?

dont get me wrong, Id rather watch whatever episode of Legends is on than just about 99% of other television.
all I am saying is that TVG needs to find someone besides GStevens to interview these retired jockeys.

Repent
I think Lyons is a much better interviewer too.