Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Keeneland

Default A Republican debate tonight - National Security

The 1,349 debate tonight, on CNN at 8:00pm.

SEE Rick Perry's hair!

HEAR Newt insult the media!

WATCH Rick Santorum complain about his google problem.

Nein! Nein! Nein! Hooaaaahh!
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 11-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
The 1,349 debate tonight, on CNN at 8:00pm.

SEE Rick Perry's hair!

HEAR Newt insult the media!

WATCH Rick Santorum complain about his google problem.

Nein! Nein! Nein! Hooaaaahh!

Thanks for the heads up...Stewart on vacation so i need to get my laughs somewhere....Michelle there too, hope so i like looking at her eyes....She's cute and funny....

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 11-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Randwyck

What they should say is.....Ill let you know when I get there because right now I dont know **** and neither does anyone else running for office. If or when Im elected I will get back to you on the status of our foreign policy because until then I dont know shyte. I can say what Id like to do when I get there but unless Congress supports me I cant do shyte, so until then I wont make any promises. Id like to say that I would do you a favor if you vote for me, but until Im elected I cant do shyte.
The state of leaders in the U.S. is shyte including the people who are in charge now.

Horses are like strawberries....they can go bad overnight. Charlie Whittingham
Old 11-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I'm watching, but it's going to be hard to top Mitt Romney lying about his own name in the introductions.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk View Post
I'm watching, but it's going to be hard to top Mitt Romney lying about his own name in the introductions.
That was effing hilarious

Fact Check on the debate: Well, the first thing Mittens did, was lie about his real first name ....
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 11-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Belmont Park

Regardless, that buried the POTUS....That is, if anyone watched
Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Coach Pants

If Newt gets the nom then he's president. He'll appeal to independent and some democrats.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
If Newt gets the nom then he's president. He'll appeal to independent and some democrats.
No way Newt can get the nomination. If he did, you might as well hand over everything you own or have ever worked for to the Heritage Foundation and Haliburton right now. Newt said the first thing he would do is start a war with Iran!

Last night wasn't a debate, it was a job interview: the "questioners" were nothing but a parade of Washington paid lobbyists from the two biggest Wash. GOP lobbying firms - ex-Bush administration people who got us into the war with Iraq by lying to us, and probably should be prosecuted - who own the Republicans in Congress.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Coach Pants

It's all about airtime...Heritage and Halliburton and the other assorted globalists he works for will supply him with all of the campaign funding his fat heart desires.

Plus he is intelligent from a standpoint of memory and telling a story...at least compared to the other candidates outside of Paul.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
It's all about airtime...Heritage and Halliburton and the other assorted globalists he works for will supply him with all of the campaign funding his fat heart desires.

Plus he is intelligent from a standpoint of memory and telling a story...at least compared to the other candidates outside of Paul.
This is true. And he'll work ceaselessly to hand over Medicare, Social Security, schools and much of the military to the private sect0r - as soon as he going into Iran to start that war.

Last night was just the big bucks deciding who they will back after Iowa. The look of horror on their faces when Cain and Perry spoke was palpable. Santorum is what his google describes. Bachmann is looney.

Mitt knows nobody wants him - he's backing on Republican primogeniture to carry him to the nom, because popularity won't do it. Huntsman could beat Obama, but the loonies won't go for him. Too bad, because he and Paul were the best in the debate last night.

When Ron Paul is the voice of sanity and reason in the room, as he was last night, you know where things stand.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:29 PM
The Curragh

Seems to me like Huntsman is angling for the voice of reason Veep slot really. Damn shame too, guy might actually be able to do the big job.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Seems to me like Huntsman is angling for the voice of reason Veep slot really. Damn shame too, guy might actually be able to do the big job.
I think he's gunning for 2016. That's how the GOP has always worked, you "move up" as you put in your time. I agree he'd be a formidable candidate - he's a corporate Republican, not a John Bircher.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:12 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
I think he's gunning for 2016. That's how the GOP has always worked, you "move up" as you put in your time. I agree he'd be a formidable candidate - he's a corporate Republican, not a John Bircher.
Doesn't make sense, this is the winnable election. If it goes O's way then you are campaigning against Christie in 2016.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Doesn't make sense, this is the winnable election. If it goes O's way then you are campaigning against Christie in 2016.
Christie is quite a big guy him being on this side of the sod in 2016 is not a gimmie by any means
Old 11-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Christie is quite a big guy him being on this side of the sod in 2016 is not a gimmie by any means
Saw this joke on the internet last night:

"After last night's GOP foreign policy debate, some prominent Republicans started secretly replacing Chris Christie's milk shakes with SlimFast"

Christie is one big, Jackie Gleason-like dude:

Last edited by Riot : 11-23-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:34 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El62UnrGlC4