Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-21-2007, 07:48 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Default cell phones..killing the productivity

of the american worker..do any of you deal with this ..man i get soo sick of mfs talking on thier cell when they should be working..aka food places ..your ordering and they are giving you the ol..hold on signal....feel like smashing them..as they look on in horror..........
Old 03-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Newmarket

Where i work its a big problem. guys in the factory walking around on the phone or with the earpieces they talk while they are supposed to be working. It seems like I'm the only one bothered by it but I know its killing our productivity and more mistakes happen now. It never fails when i walk up to a guy to talk to him about something regarding the job, his phone starts buzzing. I want them banned. turn them off i'm sick of it.

I'm also sick of going to the market and having every other person on the phone babbling to someone.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:18 PM
top predator.

Nothing but nothing used to make me more crazy than the people who come to yearling sales ask you to look at a horse and then get on the phone and ignore you for 15 minute while you stand there with a tired grouchy studdish colt...and an equally tired grouchy bitch on the other end of the lead shank
Old 03-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
Nothing but nothing used to make me more crazy than the people who come to yearling sales ask you to look at a horse and then get on the phone and ignore you for 15 minute while you stand there with a tired grouchy studdish colt...and an equally tired grouchy bitch on the other end of the lead shank

Old 03-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Randwyck

I love watching people drive down the road in a 50 mph zone talking on the phone. One minute driving about 47 mph. next minute 65mph. next minute 55mph, then70mph. Get in the left lane and try to pass you after the stop light, just to turn right. All while talking on the phone, and telling the person, I'm the bad guy.

Last edited by Crown@club : 03-21-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Monmouth Park

If true totals were known, more accidents are caused by cell phones probably than any other distraction, or vehicular movement on the part of the driver.

A lady here, a few days ago, hit a child running across the street to her home. The lady was charged as the child had just stepped off of her school bus, the bus was still stopped, of course; and the lights were blinking and the stop--sign was out. The lady failed to even slow down approaching the bus, much less stop.

She apologized at the site of the accident, "I was on my cell." This is difficult for parents to hear, I'm sure.

And its always good when the cell user drifts into the left lane, when your passing them on the interstate. That's difficult too.

Restaurants can be a big spot, especially at lunchtime, for the cell phone chats, as well.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:48 AM
Arlington Park

someone on a cellphone around me in a restaurant, especially a decent restaurant drive me nuts! i've asked them to go outside, because i don't want to hear it!
i'm on-call until 9pm every other week. when we are out i try to walk to the lobby, waiting area, outside or way from people to take the call.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
of the american worker..do any of you deal with this ..man i get soo sick of mfs talking on thier cell when they should be working..aka food places ..your ordering and they are giving you the ol..hold on signal....feel like smashing them..as they look on in horror..........
There are no manners anymore. And if you punch out their rude teeth you get locked up and sued.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Churchill Downs

Makes one wonder how we got thru life.. BEFORE &^%$%^%$#@ cell phones ?
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Randwyck

My actual favorite cell phones in restrooms.

1)Talking on the phone entering and going while your talking.
2) Answering the phone while you are going.
3) Thinking you are being considerate by not flushing while you are talking.

The favorite: Guy sits in the next stall talking. I'm sorry but I'm going to flush no matter what. Goodbye.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Newmarket

All this stuff is correct about the rudeness of people on cell phones, and we've had to put up with that crap for some time.
but I think hooves and I were getting at something a little different. its that the phones have become so pervasive in the workplace that its effecting productivity. Every young guy in our shop is wired up and you can catch them talking all the time. its a hidden drain on productivity.

Of course it depends on the type of workplace, not everyplace will be hit the same.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:13 PM
5'8".. but all man!

work at starbux a couple days a week....the ones that come through the drive thru, never stop talking on the phone and never even acknowledge you exist...just hand the money over and never look at you...

THANK YOU.....HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Randwyck

Went through my bank drive through one time. (and I'm thinking about Scavs hillbilly story as I write this) Right next to me was a guy on the phone in a white pickup truck. Honked the horn for the guy to move, and then showed some nice arm move up (ex: the come on expression).

He gets to the teller. Turns some stuff in and continues to talk on the phone. Teller after about a minute ask him a question about something with his account. He yelled back crap at the girl, and then proceeded to tell his friend on the phone, that she was a stupid biotch. Peeled out and went on his way.

I left about the same time, and almost felt like messing with him.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:44 PM
The Curragh

I am not a big fan of people who use the 2-way at stupid volumes in public settings talking about personal crap etc..

It just screams, Look at me I'm important I have a cell phone