Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Saratoga

Default I miss my DT Friends

Friggin work has me in the middle of friggin nowhere. Richmond, IN.....LOOK IT UP...it is the most hilarious place of all time. Scuds, COWTIPPING is what they do for fun here and EVERY waitress at the WINGS AND RINGS is either knocked up or been knocked up or 14 years old

Hello to all, I am back Friday
Old 03-22-2007, 01:47 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Go see the RV Sales place. About the highlight of Richmond, IN...

ALostTexan
Old 03-22-2007, 04:10 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Friggin work has me in the middle of friggin nowhere. Richmond, IN.....LOOK IT UP...it is the most hilarious place of all time. Scuds, COWTIPPING is what they do for fun here and EVERY waitress at the WINGS AND RINGS is either knocked up or been knocked up or 14 years old

Hello to all, I am back Friday

I miss my buddy....
Old 03-22-2007, 05:44 AM
Saratoga

Dude, it is wild here. Third world to me. AND, they are making me get up at like 6:30am EST which is like 5:30am my time, some wild stuff. Their are some Canadian's down here that are just ANIMALS. One of them has probably been drinking more then he has slept. To top all of this off, their is like MAYBE 8 girls and like 35 dudes and TWO of the girls are TAKE HOMEABLE, one of them is REALLY stretching it though and the other has a HORRIBLE first name as far as taking home or having fun with, sounds very grandma-ish, and that isn't my style....
Old 03-22-2007, 05:52 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Dude, it is wild here. Third world to me. AND, they are making me get up at like 6:30am EST which is like 5:30am my time, some wild stuff. Their are some Canadian's down here that are just ANIMALS. One of them has probably been drinking more then he has slept. To top all of this off, their is like MAYBE 8 girls and like 35 dudes and TWO of the girls are TAKE HOMEABLE, one of them is REALLY stretching it though and the other has a HORRIBLE first name as far as taking home or having fun with, sounds very grandma-ish, and that isn't my style....
I know Richmond pretty well. Used to do some work with the school district there. Located exactly one hour from nowhere. Eat at Fazoli's.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:19 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
TWO of the girls are TAKE HOMEABLE, one of them is REALLY stretching it though and the other has a HORRIBLE first name as far as taking home or having fun with, sounds very grandma-ish, and that isn't my style....
Velma?

Merna?

Hildy?

Moira?

Gladys?

Reminds me of the Billy Crystal schtick with Meg Ryan in "Harry/Sally"... "Sheldon? You can't have great sex with a guy named Sheldon.. 'Oh yeah.. Do it to me again.. Sheldon'"

And "TAKEHOMEABLE"... A variation on Steak & Shake's "TAKHOMASAC"?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:38 AM
The Curragh

Agnes or Gertrude?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Who cares what her name is? Just make one up and call her that.

Scavs to Bertha, "Your Scavs name is...Mercedes".
Old 03-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Newmarket

Over the years I've traveled a lot to Indiana. Many of our big customers are there.

Richmond, Kokomo, Muncie, Ft Wayne. West Lafayette.

It is so mundane and boring, very much on the hickish side and like they are cut off from culture.

Very comedy, I can relate to what scavs is going through. I've spent weeks in Muncie before. (The horror, The horror).

I remember checking in to the hotel one time and asking the staff for recommendations on a nice restaurant that I could take my customers to.
What did they recommend? Well I forgot the name of it but its one of those buffett style all-you can-eat places where the average weight of the people inside is 350lb. They love that kind of stuff down there, UMMM, UMMM, good.

Oh and don't even try to find a good cup of coffee in Indiana, it doesn't exist.
I have to have good coffee and not gas station "coffee" coffee. I was in Muncie desparately looking for a Dunkin Donuts, StarBucks, anything. I asked a guy at a gas station. "Where can I go to get a really good cup of coffee around here?" He mentions the name of a little country restaurant. They have good coffee I ask, yes he says "They have those flavored creams and everything". Thanks for you help guy, and I drove on. There is no good coffee in Indiana. I've looked.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Mmmm...Steak and Shake....
Old 03-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt
Mmmm...Steak and Shake....
I actually had Steak and Shake for lunch yesterday.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdbucket67
watch out scavs!!! trools are invading
I hope you're not insinuating that I'm a troll. I haven't done anything to you.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
no not you... i thought it was obvious who were the new trolls were on here... its the new posters that have posted over 250times in less then two days.. maybe there real popular on different message boards and im just out of the loop, but i doubt it

caj, you tend to always think that im putting you down and making fun of you. when in reality i've never put anybody down on this board, never... there is no need to make fun of people on this board that 1)you have never seen, 2)that you dont really know... that would just be childish.. just wanted to make that clear
Nah, we're cool, TB. I just remembered you getting a bit upset with me over the whole Ohio State/Gator game and I hoped that there were no hard feelings. Football is football... lol.

I guess I jumped the gun, but I noticed that you posted that line about trolls right after I posted about Steak and Shake and I just wanted to make sure you weren't referring to me.

Anyway... I apologize.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
its all good.... im always up for a good debate on sports.. trying to defend a 30+ point loss is hard to do, but i tried my best

but i should of probably quoted scavs before commenting.. i just assumed everybody knew what i was talking about

I knew what you were talking about.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman5581
I knew what you were talking about.
Well, I guess I'm an idiot then.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
no not you... i thought it was obvious who were the new trolls were on here... its the new posters that have posted over 250times in less then two days.. maybe there real popular on different message boards and im just out of the loop, but i doubt it
caj, this is what I was responding to. TB, not you.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman5581
caj, this is what I was responding to. TB, not you.
No, I get it. I'm an idiot.

J/K
Old 03-22-2007, 03:50 PM
The Curragh

Wings and Rings, if memory serves me correct it sits right off 70 right? Like, 20 yards off right?

Hey, the mall should still have an MCL. Senior Citizens love the place, it is a great place to get some Homestyle grub for lunch. Very depressing however.

I used to stop at Richmond for gas all the time on the way home from Indy.

Yeah, very depressing town. Compared especially to Chicago.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Saratoga

Default Lets top this story off

with a cherry. So last night we got SHITTY drunk, just out of control. This friggin Canadian was walking around in a cowboy hat and a handle of so-co and just taking it straight. So today, I am the only one that is coherant enough to drive this friggin RENTAL vehicle. Big ass Chevy Conversion Van thingy. We go to half day of training and we are enroute to Chicago, not even in the van for 5 minutes, and I SMOKE A WOOD TELEPHONE POLE turning into the gas station. SCAV got booted as the driver. Friggin comical, it was so ridiculous I just had to laugh.

TB, it is all good, REAL pissed about your X-Men, total choke job by that dude. Hopefully Tennessee smoked OSU tonight.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
what did you think about that intention foul by oden that wasn't called????

i feel bad for that guy.. first oden breaks his ribs by hittin him so hard, and then he missed the second free throw... atleast he didn't miss the first one of the one and one.. this way it wasn't all his fault considering they lost in ot
It was BS but hard to make a call like that considering the moment. You have to position yourself as a ref in that situation, he wasn't watching that area one bit. Should have been called and probably would have been called, if they would have seen it.......I feel bad for that guy also, How are the fans treating him??