Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-27-2008, 05:50 PM
The Curragh

Default Our Season Could Be Tonight - Colts

I can't help but think that if we don't beat the Titans then we might be done. I also kinda sorta think that we might have seen the Super Bowl yesterday evening -

Giants vs Steelers

Maybe another matchup in Feb?
Old 10-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Thistley Downs

Oh my God.

No wonder you're 2MinutesToToast.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:00 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
Oh my God.

No wonder you're 2MinutesToToast.
Some days 1 min to toast, others 3 mins to toast Cheers MoFo!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Thistley Downs

That was a good one.

But I don't think either team makes it....especially the Stihlersss.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Sha Tin

ben
Old 10-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Thistley Downs

Forget Ben...the Browns have blown the last several games to the Stihlersss.

It won't happen again.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Coach Pants

I'm not worried about the mush since it's a Toast thread...

Your season was over before it started.

Go Titans!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
Forget Ben...the Browns have blown the last several games to the Stihlersss.

It won't happen again.

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 10-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Thistley Downs

Nothing like a Stihler fan.

Believe me...I know.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
I can't help but think that if we don't beat the Titans then we might be done. I also kinda sorta think that we might have seen the Super Bowl yesterday evening -

Giants vs Steelers

Maybe another matchup in Feb?
There was a Super Bowl team playing tonight, Toast.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:55 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
There was a Super Bowl team playing tonight, Toast.
I still think they'd have trouble with a team that can shut down the run and put a few points on the board on offense.

Oh wait, there isn't any in the AFC...
Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
I still think they'd have trouble with a team that can shut down the run and put a few points on the board on offense.

Oh wait, there isn't any in the AFC...
They look like a team that is a step away. Maybe a deep into the playoffs type...but not a superbowl team yet in my opinion. They dont have anyone on offense that can make plays. The rookie is fast and he will be pretty good but they dont have anyone else that will scare you or even keep you honest.

Peyton didnt have too many problems in stretches with that secondary. With an honest running game last night (addai), the result may have been different.

No mistaking though...they are a physical football team.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
They look like a team that is a step away. Maybe a deep into the playoffs type...but not a superbowl team yet in my opinion. They dont have anyone on offense that can make plays. The rookie is fast and he will be pretty good but they dont have anyone else that will scare you or even keep you honest.

Peyton didnt have too many problems in stretches with that secondary. With an honest running game last night (addai), the result may have been different.

Looking forward to the Packers going down there Sunday. They finally have all receivers back and healthy and will be going 5 wide I'm sure. Grant running better as well, but D still having trouble stopping the run and that will be an issue.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Goodwood

Quote:

Their receivers suck. Obviously they're going to lose 2-3 games in the regular season at some point, likely on the road, but from a perspective of the playoffs, who's going in there and beating them?

5-2 Buffalo- their weakness (secondary) wouldn't be exploited but probably a year away from being an elite team, and are showing to be much better at home than on the road
5-2 New England- not with Cassel at QB and a hodgepodge running game, and difficulty stopping a good running game
5-2 Pittsburgh- possibly, but need to be healthy
anybody in the South or West- nope

I think they're 4/5 to make the Super Bowl right now assuming they can stay reasonably healthy.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
Looking forward to the Packers going down there Sunday. They finally have all receivers back and healthy and will be going 5 wide I'm sure. Grant running better as well, but D still having trouble stopping the run and that will be an issue.
yeah, but, they can cheat just like indy did last night. Did you pay attention to what indy was doing last night? Giving it away underneath and cheating up and selling out against the run. Indy's secondary isnt as good as Green Bay's.

5 wide might get Rodgers killed. Green Bay is going to catch them at a great time.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
yeah, but, they can cheat just like indy did last night. Did you pay attention to what indy was doing last night? Giving it away underneath and cheating up and selling out against the run. Indy's secondary isnt as good as Green Bay's.

5 wide might get Rodgers killed. Green Bay is going to catch them at a great time.
That is the question..He's been getting called out for his (Rodgers) ability to check to the second and third receiver, but you can't do that in that set. He has to get the ball out of there when they run that. And Fischer isn't exactly a defensive moron either...
Old 10-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
Their receivers suck. Obviously they're going to lose 2-3 games in the regular season at some point, likely on the road, but from a perspective of the playoffs, who's going in there and beating them?

5-2 Buffalo- their weakness (secondary) wouldn't be exploited but probably a year away from being an elite team, and are showing to be much better at home than on the road
5-2 New England- not with Cassel at QB and a hodgepodge running game, and difficulty stopping a good running game
5-2 Pittsburgh- possibly, but need to be healthy
anybody in the South or West- nope

I think they're 4/5 to make the Super Bowl right now assuming they can stay reasonably healthy.
One dimensional offensive teams like the titans are highly susceptible. Bring a team like the Ravens into that stadium in the playoffs and anything can happen. If the Jags figure out their identity and go on a run, they could beat this team. Heck, i think the titans willl lose at least two in their own division and more likely three.

I agree about Pitt. They couldnt run against Pitt and pitt has a couple of guys that can make plays. NE is done.

Early in the season. If you gave me 5/4 for them NOT to make the superbowl, i would take it all day long. I would take even money. I really dont think this is the year.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Coach Pants

You're calling the Titans a one dimensional team and bring up another one dimensional team to beat them?

LULZ.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
You're calling the Titans a one dimensional team and bring up another one dimensional team to beat them?

LULZ.
Thats the point. Teams that are 4/5 to make the superbowl 7 games into the season shouldnt be susceptible to one dimensional teams like the Ravens at home. The difference is that Flacco will get better as the year goes on and collins is what he is.

Not to say that the Ravens necessarily WOULD beat them, simply that they could. As could a few other teams.

Lots of time left in the season as we aren't even half over. This is a very good team. A very physical team. But they hardly look invincible.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Sha Tin

The titans offense is better than the bears offense two years ago that got them to the SB.