Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-11-2011, 11:58 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Default PGA

260 yard par 3? I'm laying up

Tiger MIGHT beat a few club pros today. I don't care what he says, he needs to dump Foley in a hurry. The few swings I have seen today look atrocious. I have no idea what kind of move Foley is trying to get him to do, but it ain't looking too good. If he was really, really smart, he would get on his hands and knees and beg Butch to take him back, but not a chance in hell his ego allows that. Easy to say now, but he isn't gonna sniff making to cut.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Flemington

He was a lot more fun to watch when he was bangin strippers and waitresses by the dozens.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Santa Anita

I looked at the scores and saw Tiger tied Jerry Pate and John Daly today. You're being way too hard on him!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Would Daly actually be a good influence on Tiger at this point?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:52 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post

Tiger MIGHT beat a few club pros today. I don't care what he says, he needs to dump Foley in a hurry. The few swings I have seen today look atrocious. I have no idea what kind of move Foley is trying to get him to do, but it ain't looking too good. If he was really, really smart, he would get on his hands and knees and beg Butch to take him back, but not a chance in hell his ego allows that. Easy to say now, but he isn't gonna sniff making to cut.
Foley is the wrong teacher for Tiger, it still doesnt look good. Hes burned his bridge with Butch, and Haney dropped him. Those are pretty much the best coaches used by the best golfers in the world. Only ones left for Tiger would be Mclean and Bender
Old 08-11-2011, 11:54 PM
The Curragh

I think Tiger needs to find his Titelist DCI irons and that super scotty cameron putter! The nike golf stuff aint cutting it..haha
Old 08-12-2011, 05:38 AM
Saratoga

At this point it looks like he may never win again. I feel sorry for how far he has fallen.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Havre de Grace

It's a big maybe...but maybe Tiger could be contrite enough to get Haney back?
Old 08-13-2011, 02:35 AM
The Curragh

Quote:

Isn't it far simpler than all this over analysis....

The guy had the most powerful move at a ball golf has ever seen. Unfortunately that same move cost him daily by damaging the left knee and lower leg every time he swang the club his way. Now he can't figure out how to get the ball to do elementary things as in fade or draw because he has to swing the club so he's not in a wheelchair by the time he's 50. He may be healthy currently but that kind of torque at 130-135 MPH isn't healthy
Old 08-13-2011, 06:20 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post

The guy had the most powerful move at a ball golf has ever seen. Unfortunately that same move cost him daily by damaging the left knee and lower leg every time he swang the club his way. Now he can't figure out how to get the ball to do elementary things as in fade or draw because he has to swing the club so he's not in a wheelchair by the time he's 50. He may be healthy currently but that kind of torque at 130-135 MPH isn't healthy
You're the Doc and I'm the Golf Pro. That is why we see it 2 different ways.. Clearly, what you are saying is true from the medical standpoint. From my vantage point, I'm seeing a pretty sh*tty golf swing, compared to the way he used to swing it.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
You're the Doc and I'm the Golf Pro. That is why we see it 2 different ways.. Clearly, what you are saying is true from the medical standpoint. From my vantage point, I'm seeing a pretty sh*tty golf swing, compared to the way he used to swing it.
Yeah with a new swing coach it's possible for 2 or more majors next year. I'm not impressed with the competition. If Tiger is in contention then these guys will fold like cheap deck chairs.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:42 AM
Randwyck

I was there Friday, the course is a beast. Todays winner will have some big stones.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post

Doc,
Isn't part of his issue being the bulk of his upper body? I have heard it has been recommended that he tone it down with the weights because the added upper body size has put a great deal off additional stress on his knee, achilles etc...
Old 08-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Flemington

This has to be the worst major ever. ho hum
Old 08-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Coach Pants

F.uck Auburn. Guy was too fat. 4 days of walking that course + pressure = choke
Old 08-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Flemington

Can't stand slow golfers, just hit the ball.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Gulfstream Park

MY ST. JOHN'S GUY!!!!!

http://<b>http://www.facebook.com/pr...ef=profile</b>