Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Turf Paradise

Default santa anita cancels last 3 on friday

It's amazing how tracks keep shooting themselves in the foot. I don't bet the Pick 6, but to cancel the bet after 3 races, really screws the people how had all three winners. Then on top of that how many people on-site, thru away their tickets after losing the first couple legs. You would think the last 3 legs would just be all. Imo it makes no sense and is unfair.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:59 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly-Sheba View Post
It's amazing how tracks keep shooting themselves in the foot. I don't bet the Pick 6, but to cancel the bet after 3 races, really screws the people how had all three winners. Then on top of that how many people on-site, thru away their tickets after losing the first couple legs. You would think the last 3 legs would just be all. Imo it makes no sense and is unfair.
You think they want to cancel? If the conditions become hazardous to the jocks and the horses, what are they supposed to do?
Old 03-14-2016, 10:43 AM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
You think they want to cancel? If the conditions become hazardous to the jocks and the horses, what are they supposed to do?
That wasn't my point and didn't question the canceling of the races. I was talking about having the first 3 winners in the P6 and getting nothing except a refund.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:40 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly-Sheba View Post
That wasn't my point and didn't question the canceling of the races. I was talking about having the first 3 winners in the P6 and getting nothing except a refund.
Im sorry, I misinterpreted the post. I agree, they screwed alot of people.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Steve Byk

How did they screw anyone? There weren't enough races run to qualify for consolation (You need 4), only a refund.

What's a better alternative? Would you prefer that they grab the takeout and give everyone a paltry conso? That would go over great..

CHRB RULES (Pg. 156): http://www.chrb.ca.gov/policies_and_...116%282%29.pdf

1976.9. Pick (n) Pool.

(e) The Pick (n) pool shall be canceled and all Pick (n) wagers for the individual performance shall be refunded if:

(1) Three or more races included as part of a Pick 4, Pick 5 or Pick 6 are canceled or declared no contest;
Old 03-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
How did they screw anyone? There weren't enough races run to qualify for consolation (You need 4), only a refund.

What's a better alternative? Would you prefer that they grab the takeout and give everyone a paltry conso? That would go over great..

1976.9. Pick (n) Pool.

(e) The Pick (n) pool shall be canceled and all Pick (n) wagers for the individual performance shall be refunded if:

(1) Three or more races included as part of a Pick 4, Pick 5 or Pick 6 are canceled or declared no contest;
Screwed might be a bad choice of words, But as a bettor who wasnt sure what the rule was, that's how I'd probably feel if I was 3 for 3 in the first three races of the sequence and got the same refund as the guy who was 0-3. Then again, I would've probably been the guy who was 0-3 and ripped up my ticket.

Steve, is 4 races completed of a pick 6 what most jurisdictions use?
Old 03-18-2016, 11:52 AM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post

1976.9. Pick (n) Pool.

Steve,
I know it's a rule, but it doesn't mean it's a good rule. They grabbed the takeout for the double and Pick 3 and paid with all in the last leg. What about all the tickets that were thrown away? I would like to know how much money is out there that won't be cashed?